Sangeetha launches In Vitro Fertilization centre. In Vitro Fertilization is an assisted reproductive technology commonly referred to as IVF. It is the process of fertilization by extracting eggs, retrieving a sperm sample, and then manually combining an egg and sperm in a laboratory dish. The embryo(s) is then transferred to the uterus. Other forms of IVF include gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT)
IVF can be used to treat infertility in the following patients:
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
- Male factor infertility including decreased sperm count or sperm motility
- Women with ovulation disorders, premature ovarian failure, uterine fibroids
- Women who have had their fallopian tubes removed
- Individuals with a genetic disorder or un explained infertility.